FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star vs. OneWorld
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:59 am
sonap

Star vs. OneWorld

Hello everyone!

I am a new member here, and have been living in Europe for the past several months. I am planning a trip to the States for Thanksgiving, and I am trying to find the best flight combination.

According to many of the major websites, there is nothing really available for less than $1,500. I have found that buying the tickets seperately I can get there for about $850.

I am planning to go from STR to LHR to LAX on 11/26.

I have found a good flight from LHR to LAX via Air New Zealand (Star Alliance) at 3:30 p.m.

My problem is with the first flight from STR to LHR. The option is to go with GermanWings (Star Alliance) arriving at LHR at 1:15 p.m. or British Airways (OneWorld) arriving at 12:05 p.m.

My question is: Is it better to go with GermanWings since they belong with the Star Alliance for the following connecting flight or should I go with British Airways since I'll have a longer layover time?

Which one would be the least hassle??? Essentially, would it be easier to conduct bagging with GermanWings rather than British Airways, or is there enough of a layover for the GermanWings flight?

Please let me know if this question belongs in a different thread, or if there is a section I should look into.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

sonap

Last edited by sonap; Jul 28, 2014 at 2:04 am Reason: Clarification