FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC lost baggage handling - Indian call center is plain awful
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:28 pm
SurveyHand

Flying YYT - YYZ - YEG last year for some reason my bag was only checked as far as YYZ so that's where it stayed.

In YEG the baggage handler assured me it would be delivered to my home the following morning. When it didn't arrive I had to start dealing with the call centre. They repeatedly told me that all they were allowed to do was send an email to Toronto.

I then found out that I had to be back in YYT the following day so then had to get the call centre to try to tell Toronto to keep the bag and I would pick it up myself.

I have no idea whether any emails from India were ever sent but when I went to the baggage office in Toronto and said I was looking for a bag, the guy told me to just go ahead and take a look in a couple of rooms just beside him. I found my bag and walked out, not once did anyone ask for a baggage tag and when I asked him about getting emails from India he said he had no idea, and "That's what you get for hiring monkeys for 2 bucks an hour".

Since my tag was never scanned, Air Canada had no way of knowing that I had recovered my bag, but although I had a lost baggage claim number I never heard anything from them. I had my bag so didn't pursue it any further.