FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Long Haul
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:51 pm
winnipegrev

Originally Posted by rgp2130
On my Flight Itinerary it does mention that there is a stop in YVR, however it does not mention the layover time or whether the flight number will change hence I assume that AC034 continues from YVR to YYZ using the same flight number.
You will have 1.5 hours on the ground in YVR at which point you will have to get off the plane with all of your baggage and clear Canada Customs. By the time you get back to the aircraft it should be cleaned, fuelled up and all ready to continue to Toronto so time isn't badly wasted.

AC34 is the same flight number YVR-YYZ, and you may only get 1 boarding pass SYD-YYZ which you will also use to board the YVR-YYZ segment, rather than separate SYD-YVR and YVR-YYZ passes be issued.

Not sure on the 1 vs. 2 boarding passes, I was issued a single boarding pass on a connecting (same flight number) AC flight BRU-YUL-YYZ. It was odd boarding a flight in Montreal with a boarding pass that didn't have Montreal anywhere on it! It won't make a difference to the process above though.