FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Long Haul
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:58 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rgp2130
Hi again!

I will clarify all the questions asked, firstly

upgradesecret: The recent events involving MH370 and MH17, I was a regular passenger with MH and I found that MH was excellent and these two events have rattled me a bit, hence my apprehension of flying a carrier for the first time.

vernonc and tireman77: I am flying in Y on a Tango fare and have already done my seat select while I was purchasing my ticket, I have also registered for Air New Zealand Airpoints and have added this flight to my airpoints account so I can collect points as ACA and ANZ are Star Alliance members.
Thank you for allaying any fears, I was expecting a horrible trip after reading those Skytrax reviews and for the first time ever I had a small but genuine fear of flying after MH17.

kwflyer: On my Flight Itinerary it does mention that there is a stop in YVR, however it does not mention the layover time or whether the flight number will change hence I assume that AC034 continues from YVR to YYZ using the same flight number.

Thank you all for helping me, it is rather embarrassing for me to admit that I had a fear of flying for the first time in my life but I am sure all will go smoothly, I would appreciate if this thread could continue as a comparisin about Long haul products between carriers.

Thanks,
rgp2130.
Not sure of the skytrax reviews but perhaps they are for AC Rouge which is a charter equivalent. While the flight 'may' continue, I believe you will clear Canada customs in YVR. Someone else may be able to confirm. AC definitely has one of the best safety records IMHO.