FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Long Haul
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:04 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rgp2130
Hi guys,

Its been a while since I last posted and I have a few reservations about my flight. I am flying with Air New Zealand from Auckland to Sydney and Air Canada from Sydney to Toronto via Vancouver, since I have flown Air New Zealand before I am comfortable with that leg but it is my first time flying Air Canada and I only chose this flight because it was cheaper than the Air New Zealand flight option. I am hoping someone could clear any reservations I have about flying ACA since I have read the Skytrax reviews for Air Canada and its not only those reviews that are making me feel uneasy but the fact that I would not like to tempt fate especially in light of recent events and fly Air Canada for the first time in a long haul flight (the total flight time from SYD-YVR being 13 hours +).

Could anyone help?

Thanks,
rgp2130
I do not see any issues. From a safety perspective, AC is excellent. You may prefer one kind of seat over the other but otherwise the service/offering is comparable. Are you in Y or J ? Depending on your fare you may be able to pick seats. On the YVR-YYZ route it is pay for food.