FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Guilin China [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:25 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by controller1
Not sure there is a need to post this in three different threads in the Starwood forum......

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...d-request.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...h-spg-com.html
Because this is a Starwood system issue that manifests itself from time to time. Count yourself lucky you have not encountered such for once it happens, it is NOT an easy fix.

Initially I found a thread but later realized it is NOT the same issue because the existing thread was for booking made on 3rd party site, specifically it was thru FHR, and the issue was the SPG account number not in the reservation.

Once I realized it wasn't the same issue, I edited the post and opened a new thread.

Per the PM exchanges with Starwood Llurker, this is a recurring system glitch he thought it was fixed last week but apparently it wasn't. He said he would need some technical assistance on this.

For information purpose, when this happens, basically the SPG account numbers "fell off" from the reservations so the ressie became "Ghost reservations", even though they are reward stays to begin with. The only way to make them reappear is to cancel and rebook. However a cancellation only cancel the reservation itself, but would not cancel the Reward - meaning that the points would NOT return back to the account, and it requires human intervention to manually fix it.

The system glitch is, SPG account number would fall off after a reservation is "touched" and this needs to be made aware of that such glitch still exists.

I would post a thorough update on the proper thread once a solution is found and issue fixed.

Now you have been informed and possibly educated why I post this in Starwood forum. So that if others encounter similar issues, others may know what need to get done.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 22, 2014 at 9:33 pm