FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Transferring @ YYC
Thread: Question: Transferring @ YYC
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:42 pm
WR Cage

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mendy7511
To clarify.
Flying HKG-YYZ-YYC oc AC (flight pass does not allow HKG-YYZ-YVR and I stay away from the HD). Problem is the last flight out of YYC with AC is too late. WS has an 11:00 flight which works.
Of course, I never check bags.
I you are talking about 11pm it might be possible to get from A to D. I have walked through the US transborder area before including going right past transborder security screening area.

Preclearance closes at about 7pm and by 9pm all gates are designated for domestic or international departures. Flights arriving from the USA and international have all pax go to the upstairs walkway.

In my case it was a late arrival from YYZ, we parked on the far side of C concourse, so about gate 27. most pax continued walking to the bag belts but I took a left and walked past transborder security area and over to gate 31.

The above however comes with a big YMMV caution. Also if you do get turned back by security or the police; then it is the long way for the detour route, expect the detour to take up 5-8 extra minutes at a brisk walking pace.