FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - P or G next to name on app seat selection
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:55 pm
GNALUZU

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
Thanks, Gruss. It is a little odd.

So, is 'P'(latinum) the correct designation for an AA ExecPlat, do you know? I'm wondering if it's incorrect, which might (or might not!) explain why I've been unable to select 1st class seats upon check-in, even when they're available.

I'll report back next week if Mrs. earns the elite bonus miles on her next flight, although I suspect she won't. It's a codeshare - US ticket, AA metal. AA.com reflects her lack of status when she goes to pick seats. (The reservation I was referring to my in my original post is a business class award for next year, so all seats are available to her anyway, at no charge.)

EDITED TO ADD - I just tried to make a dummy reservation on usairways.com using her AAdvantage number and it did indeed offer her the Preferred seats at no charge.
I believe that ExecPlat will map over to 'C'(hairman). However, even if you were chairman you wouldn't be able to select first class seats at check in unless they were available for upgrade. US Airways seems to be holding back more first class seats for last minute sales lately (or so it seems).