P or G next to name on app seat selection

Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
P or G next to name on app seat selection

Tried searching for an answer to this question, to no avail.

On the US Airways app seat selection screen, the letter 'P' appears next to my name, in a gray circle. Next to my wife's name, a 'G' appears in a yellow circle.

I an AA EXP, my wife has no status.

What do these letters signify, if anything? Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
Tried searching for an answer to this question, to no avail.

On the US Airways app seat selection screen, the letter 'P' appears next to my name, in a gray circle. Next to my wife's name, a 'G' appears in a yellow circle.

I an AA EXP, my wife has no status.

What do these letters signify, if anything? Thanks!
P = platinum, G = gold. Signifies the passenger's status which plays into seat selection.

Only thing I can think of is that it's a side effect of whatever workaround US IT has put in place to allow AA FFs benefits on US flights. Leads to some additional questions though, like will your wife earn 50 percent bonus miles if the system thinks she is gold? A little odd.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks, Gruss. It is a little odd.

So, is 'P'(latinum) the correct designation for an AA ExecPlat, do you know? I'm wondering if it's incorrect, which might (or might not!) explain why I've been unable to select 1st class seats upon check-in, even when they're available.

I'll report back next week if Mrs. earns the elite bonus miles on her next flight, although I suspect she won't. It's a codeshare - US ticket, AA metal. AA.com reflects her lack of status when she goes to pick seats. (The reservation I was referring to my in my original post is a business class award for next year, so all seats are available to her anyway, at no charge.)

EDITED TO ADD - I just tried to make a dummy reservation on usairways.com using her AAdvantage number and it did indeed offer her the Preferred seats at no charge.

Last edited by OWdevotee; Jul 21, 2014 at 11:37 am
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
Thanks, Gruss. It is a little odd.

So, is 'P'(latinum) the correct designation for an AA ExecPlat, do you know? I'm wondering if it's incorrect, which might (or might not!) explain why I've been unable to select 1st class seats upon check-in, even when they're available.

I'll report back next week if Mrs. earns the elite bonus miles on her next flight, although I suspect she won't. It's a codeshare - US ticket, AA metal. AA.com reflects her lack of status when she goes to pick seats. (The reservation I was referring to my in my original post is a business class award for next year, so all seats are available to her anyway, at no charge.)

EDITED TO ADD - I just tried to make a dummy reservation on usairways.com using her AAdvantage number and it did indeed offer her the Preferred seats at no charge.
I believe that ExecPlat will map over to 'C'(hairman). However, even if you were chairman you wouldn't be able to select first class seats at check in unless they were available for upgrade. US Airways seems to be holding back more first class seats for last minute sales lately (or so it seems).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.