FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Mileage Upgrade Fare Bucket Club Europe
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:00 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Hi Calchas, thanks for that. I think I might get away with lounge access courtesy of my CCR card

I'm going JFK-LHR-BOM-LHR-ABZ-LHR-MIA but you're right in that the flight from ABZ-LHR is >24 hours from my arrival into ABZ which might explain it?

EDIT: However, each of the two domestic sectors is in itself very close to an international sector if that make any difference (i.e. BOM-LHR-ABZ is one through trip and ABZ-LHR-MIA is another through trip).

Originally Posted by Calchas
This is odd. Can you give more details on your itinerary?

If your domestic sectors are more than 24 hours away from your international sectors, the "I" fare component cannot cover the domestic part of your itinerary (stop overs are not permitted on I fares). In this case you may be travelling on two fare components joined together. Now, because of the oddities of UK domestic "business" fares, the computer will automatically find you the cheapest economy ticket for those sectors instead of a separate full J fare component (though it is a valid combination if you insist).

ba.com will show you the predicted tier points you should get under the first box on the Manage My Booking page. It is normally accurate if your trip only consists of BA sectors.

It sounds like you will only get 10 points (and no lounge access) on those N fares.