FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Mileage Upgrade Fare Bucket Club Europe
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:56 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfmad
Sorry to hijack this thread but I had a related question and don't know the answer. I have long haul sectors booked in business (I) class and also a couple of UK domestic sectors in the middle. I thought the domestic sectors in this booking would book into J but they've booked into N thus suggesting they will generate 10 TPs rather than 20.

I'm not too fussed but just thought that was odd. Or is it supposed to be that way?

Thanks
This is odd. Can you give more details on your itinerary?

If your domestic sectors are more than 24 hours away from your international sectors, the "I" fare component cannot cover the domestic part of your itinerary (stop overs are not permitted on I fares). In this case you may be travelling on two fare components joined together. Now, because of the oddities of UK domestic "business" fares, the computer will automatically find you the cheapest economy fare for those sectors instead of a separate full J fare component (though it is a valid combination if you insist).

ba.com will show you the predicted tier points you should get under the first box on the Manage My Booking page. It is normally accurate if your trip only consists of BA sectors.

It sounds like you will only get 10 points (and no lounge access) on those N fares.