FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching from Serve to BlueBird - 31 day wait???
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:40 pm
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Is Serve "flakey" these days, or has it settled down and become routine?

The reason I ask is because I used to have Serve, back in the days when you could have both Serve and Bluebird. Those days ended about a year and half ago, IIRC, when Serve contacted me - and I think most other double-dippers - informing us that we had to pick one or the other. I chose Bluebird, and have been happy ever since. At the time, I had stopped using Serve altogether, deciding that it was just way too big a pain in the butt to bother with. I found that the website froze and often was unresponsive (no matter what browser I tried), and every time I tried to load with a CC, either the load would fail on the website end, or there would be a fraud alert from my CC company - or both. Every time, I would contact the CC fraud department and say, yes, this was me, yes it's OK to approve that charge, and please don't block future payments to this vendor. Chase (and others) assured me every time that I would have no further fraud alerts when attempting to use that vendor. Then I would go back to Serve and try a load again. 9 times out of 10 it would fail with another fraud alert. Between that, the low online load limits, and the crashy/unresponsive website, it was just more trouble than it was worth, and when I had to close my Serve account, I was actually relieved to be done with it.

Now it seems like Serve has some minor advantages over Bluebird, and it *might* be worth switching. But not if the overall website or loading experience still sucks as bad as it did before.

Is anyone here experiencing a lot of hassles with Serve, or is it now as smooth as one would expect?

Thanks.