FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan ranked as the third lowest FF program 2014
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:22 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Sopwith
The last time I redeemed AE miles was from FCO-YVR via YYZ. Paid points for J tickets, but as usual wasn't confirmed into the J seat ex FCO until at the gate. Even though we were on a J ticket, they wouldn't allow lounge access. The gate was so crowded we ended up sitting on the floor.

When supposedly Elite customers have to sit on the floor, are we still supposed to feel loyal?
I laughed at your situation as I thought this only happened to me. My experience was on the YUL-FCO route. The highlight was being herded onto the FCO shuttle bus that would transport us to the terminal. Standing there, packed tightly, in the stifling heat with the doors open and the diesel fumes getting sucked in causing people to choke was just part of the AC J class experience. I was fortunate not to be elderly or disabled because the ground crew were not particularly helpful towards those who needed assistance getting down the steep steps of the staircase with their carry ons.