FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airplane Graveyard near Victorville, CA
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2014, 1:38 am
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by EL-AL 1971
Hi,
Has anyone an idea how I could get in touch with the VICTORVILLE "graveyard".....??

Any help would be very welcome
I know it is late, but I just did a paid bus tour for Victorville boneyard, it was organized by Airliners International 2014 LAX (if you are like me that collect airline stuff, you would have known about this, Airliners International goes to different cities every year once a year, so it won't happen again anytime soon in LAX)

The bus tour was $104 (registration for the show + the tour, in order to do the tour, everyone must registered for the show), it was available July 8,9,10, I took the tour on the 10th, which was available til the day it starts ! Only the tour on the 9th was sold out. It took 2 hours to get there from LAX. The facility guide did say there are restrictions on photos, but many of us that sat in the back of the bus still taking photos nonstop, no one really say it is completely off limit. The only opportunity that are available to take photos "officially" is one of the ex-QF 744 VH-OJO, which we can get inside the plane, taking photos everywhere inside including the cockpit and crew bunks.

The tour had quite many plane spotters from all over the world including Germany, Hong Kong, and Sydney Australia. Not sure if you had taken this chance already to go in Victorville.