FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for a carry on please
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:55 pm
ykang2375

Carry on bag:

Hey always,

What's your budget for a carry on bag? There are a lot of great choices out there. I saw some people mentioned Tom Bihn bags. I have a Tom Bihn Tri-Star and the packing cubes as well. Tom Bihn bags are made in the USA with excellent materials made in the US as well. Some of the fabric is imported though, the vast majority is sourced domestically. The bags are extremely well made and are built to last a life time so they aren't cheap. Sure you could buy a cheaper bag but will it last, probably not. http://www.tombihn.com

I've checked out Red Oxx before I bought my Tom Bihn bag but they looked so ridiculous and ugly compared to Tom Bihn bags the choice was easy. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Next month I'll be doing my first TP run and would like to travel fairly lightly. I will be taking a medium sized backpack/camera bag 30x50x20cm. Having seen many people using a wheeled bag and rucksack I wonder if I could do the same? Travelling on BAW 1 and 2 plus US in First.
If you think this is do-able could you give me any useful ideas on which carry on bag to buy? My old wheeled case has just departed for the baggage belt in the sky so to speak.
Thanks
AQ