FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2014-2016)
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:41 am
payeco
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
for some reason my WF app doesnt want to take a WM generated MO. Tried taking picture a million different ways nothing... says amounts do not match.
A lot of apps have trouble with MG MOs because of their unusual size. A few things to try: if you haven't already, remove the receipt portion and see if it works. If you've already removed it, lay the receipt portion next to the MO and line it up as closely as you can and try it. I can never get the Discover app to see MG MOs with the receipt removed, but with it still attached it reads them fine.

If neither of those work, take it to a WF ATM to deposit. I've successfully deposited MG MOs at their ATM.

IMO, the DCU and Discover apps are the most successful at reading MG MOs so that's something to consider. PenFed is great at WU MO. I try to divert as much of my MO deposits to banks that I don't have access to branches so I can save my ATM branch deposits for cash. 10 AFTs generate A LOT of cash.