FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oy! What's in your gizmo pack?
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:51 pm
arjunrc

Originally Posted by Scifience
Okay, so I retract my previous statement. I bought the Kenu Airframe from Amazon last week and am a convert. Unlike the product I owned previously, it seems to fit the wonky spiral vents, and it's a lot lighter and smaller than the suction cup contraption I was using.

Not sure how well it will hold up, but even if it only lasts a year or so, I think the size/weight benefits make it worthwhile. If you're on the fence, I'd say for $25, it's definitely worth picking up the Airframe.

Agreed. I'm very satisfied with the Kenu. Once you fit it in well (the important part), its no problem pulling your phone out and pushing it in - the airframe stays in its place. Awesome product. I've probably owned it for over a month or two now.

Originally Posted by Enthilza
I don't want to highjack the thread but my since my search skills failed me, I'm asking here : is there a thread about which bag do you guys use ?

Arjunrc mentionned his Tumi pouch, I've seen people post about their computer/tablet pouch but I couldn't find a thread discussing pro/cons of different bags.

I apologise if I missed it or if this has already been asked a bazillion times.
Are you taking about a bag where all your electronics go? Like a laptop bag or a shoulder bag, or just the pouch for your wires and chargers? I use the Tumi pouch for the latter. I'm sure there have been threads in the past - I recall there was one just for shoulder bags... maybe someone who book marked something relevant may post a link here

Originally Posted by sky303

A. Dell Latitude E6530
B. European Power Strip (only for Euro trips)
C. Spare Phone Battery and Charger
D. Phone Charger-y thing (assembled from a Kindle wall adapter and random micro-USB to USB)
E. Camera Data Cable
F. Overpriced International Adapter, bought in an airport last minute on one trip
G. 2 Amp Micro-USB Charger (used for my phone or other gadgets)
H. 2 Amp Micro-USB Charger (used for my tablet exclusively)
I. Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet
J. Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad
K. Stylus/Pen/Penlight Combo
L. Power Brick for the Laptop
M. Halo Portable Power Charger
N. Keys
O. 64GB Flash Drive
P. Samsung Galaxy S4
Q. Cannon PowerShot SX160 IS
R. Logitech Joystick for FS2004, because I'm a nerd.

I carry all of this in my High Sierra Elite Business Daypack, except for the joystick which only goes on trips where I'll have a lot of down time and goes in my

Wires mostly go in an old Delta Tumi BusinessElite amenity kit.
Sky303, thanks for your contributions. I love laid out and numbered images. ^
Love the joystick as part of your portfolio. Have you considered one of the recommended 4 port chargers - it may replace some of your power bulk (you'll still have the wires, but not so many chargers)