FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Delayed - then CANCELED!
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2014, 9:34 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vincewy
Seconded. Plug in UA and DEN or UA and ORD (the worst of all) or UA and SFO.

I wouldn't even mind if they cancel outright from the beginning, this seems normal from UA while other carriers are operating normally under perfect weather.

For this reason I never connect any international flights with UA domestic despite all the perks and benefits (lounge and extra luggage allowance) as *G. I have been using DL to get to US INT'L gateways (JFK, BOS, LAX, IAD) and it works out pretty well as seperate ticket with long layover (sometimes overnight).
According to the inforrmation to the left of your post under your username, DTW seems to be your home airport.

In case you haven't already noticed, DTW *is* an international gateway airport. Instead of flying DL to BOS, JFK, etc., why not take a nonstop from DTW? In addition to DL nonstop flights to LHR, AMS, CDG, FRA, NRT, PVG, PEK etc. there should be LH to FRA and KE to ICN IIRC and probably others I'm forgetting to list.