FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Price cheaper in dubai airport?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2014, 6:00 am
jackiedada

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I think it may vary based on the brands you might shop for but for those that I typically purchase, I've found the best prices either at the US or India.
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Alcohol --- for the lower priced spirits DXB is cheaper than UK. The price at Indian airports might be slightly cheaper per litre bottle but at DXB you get an extra 200 ml or even 500 mls bottle when you buy a 2 litre pack, which makes it cheaper than Indian Airports.
That's typically not been my experience as I find DXB prices to be much higher. The deals on "Buy 2" are also available in Indian airports. Besides you can take an extra 5% off if you pre order on your departure and pick up on your return. However, sometimes US prices beat Indian and DXB completely - case in point Grey Goose is $51 at DXB but only $42 at BOS and if you buy 2, you can take another $8 off....
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Perfumes--- No idea. I usually buy it in the uk from online retailers.
Amazon.com definitely has the best prices but I still prefer buying it from duty free because ime, the ones from duty free are stored better and their perfume tends to linger more. Again, Acqua Di Gio, 100 ml EDT is $93 at DXB but only $77 at JFK (and $63 at Amazon)...