FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:17 am
themicah

Originally Posted by lavedder
Can someone please post all tolls from Manhattan to/from JFK ? Please mention some toll free ways I can suggest for car service.
To get between Manhattan and JFK without paying a toll you have to take the 59th Street, Williamsburg, Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridges. The Triboro/RFK Bridge and the Queens-Midtown and Brooklyn-Battery/Hugh Carey Tunnels are $7.50 cash or $5.33 EZ Pass.

Same with EWR to/Manhattan. I just took a Dial7 from EWR to Manhattan and was charged $17 in tolls. I asked and was informed the tolls were for Holland Tunnel and NJ Turnpike. I think I was overcharged.
From EWR to Manhattan, you will always have a Hudson River crossing, which is $13 cash at any time, $11 peak EZPass, $9 off-peak EZPass. In addition you'll usually have an NJ Turnpike toll, which is $1.60-$2.65 (depending on which river crossing and time of day). It used to be possible to easily avoid the Turnpike from EWR to the Holland Tunnel, but that route is currently closed for construction.

From Manhattan to EWR, there is no toll crossing the Hudson, but you still may have to pay the turnpike toll (although there is a toll-free route from the Holland to EWR).

Many car services charge round-trip tolls to/from EWR, so $17 isn't outrageous ($13 + $2 + $2).