FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T5 baggage system failure - 26 and 28 June 2014
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:10 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Deja vu all over again

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BA say they re-unite most people with their bags within 72 hours, and judging from posters here that sounds about right.
Perhaps that is their lifetime average. But definitely not when they have one of these meltdowns.

I just went through this in the last BA baggage debacle, earlier this month. For those of you caught up in this, here's what you can expect:
  1. Website providing little to no information, if you can get on it at all.
  2. Phone lines jammed. If you get through, you'll get a recording that refers you to the website. See #1 above.
  3. Outstation agents with little to no information. They may get a list of bags coming in on a flight but it won't be accurate. They won't really know if your bag is coming in until they have it in their hands.
  4. BA won't send your bag on other airlines. They'll wait until they can put it on one of their own -- no matter how long it takes. If you're at a destination where there is only 1 flight a day, and they can't fit it on today, it will be tomorrow. Then the next day. Then the next day. Then the next day. And if you're lucky like I was, it will finally come the next day. (A week later.)
  5. No email with an apology, or some Avios for your inconvenience. Nothing. The whole drawn out process results in you feeling as though you are just lucky you got your bag back at all.
Good luck folks. I truly feel for you.