FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:33 pm
freshpoints

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Premier
Can someone please help? I received my second Executive card today and activated online. Upon activation I was shown this message:

(Beginning of message)

XXXXXXXXXXXX####
A confirmation of this activation has been sent to your email address ###########. This account replaces your old account, which is now closed. Statements for your old account will be available for up to 6 months. Your current account summary and unbilled transactions are now listed under your new account number.

Next Steps
You have the opportunity to register for no-fee online access to pay your bill, view your account balance, statements and more. If you are already registered online, you can easily add this new card to your existing User ID.

If you are already registered for Citi Online, click on "Already Have a User ID" below.

(End of message)

Did Citi just cancel my first card? I logged in to my online account (which now has both Exec card #1 and #2 linked,) and everything looks okay (available credit on Card #1 is still 10k, the original credit limit.) Has anyone seen this message before upon activation of a 2nd, 3rd or 4th card?

Last edited by freshpoints; Jun 25, 2014 at 6:38 pm Reason: Formatting