FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:53 am
pyxis

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
InterContinental Shanghai Puxi

InterContinental Shanghai Puxi

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely, outstanding property and room was amazing.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest available. Upgraded to a Club Room with Club Access.

How are the rooms?
Club rooms and the Club Lounge are in a separate building behind the main one. It's like a mini IC within an IC - the Club Tower has it's own entrance, reception desk, etc. The room itself is larger than many 'suites' I have stayed in - it was massive, with a lounge area, desk area, king sized bed and walk in wardrobe. Bathroom unique - it was the length of the hotel but divided by a wall with walkthrough entry from either side (toilet and shower in enclosed glass), and a huge circular bathtub. VERY modern and very clean.

How is the exec. lounge?
Club Lounge is expansive - very large with many table settings. Offerings are plentiful, with options to suit most.

What was your welcome gift?
Plate of nice chocolates

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- The room itself was amazing
- Great service
- Impressive lobby area
- Club Lounge

Bad
- Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value!

Would you return?
Absolutely - without a doubt. Unfortunately I can't help with any local transport tips here - as we weren't here for very long, only a couple of days to visit friends, and we took taxis everywhere which were inexpensive. I don't know a lot about the transport system or the locality of a metro station etc. to the hotel. PVG airport is a fair distance from the city centre of Shanghai - we caught the Maglev from the airport to the city and a taxi from the station, which was easy and inexpensive. My Mandarin is very poor (well, non-existent), so make sure you take the name of your hotel with you, preferably written in Chinese characters - to show the taxi driver where you need to go. The hotel itself is outstanding - super comfortable and a pleasure to stay here.