FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Baggage Handlers Toss Bags 20Ft! VIDEO!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:46 pm
nave888

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
It Gets Worse!

After boarding AC 8154 today in YYC, I looked out my window as agents unloaded a DH3 at gate A11.

They pulled up the sky check cart and opened the cargo door. The agent pulled bags from the middle of the cargo hold, causing sky checked bags to fall maybe 10 feet from the top of the cargo door onto the tarmac. I'd say 5 or 10 sky check bags fell like this, straight onto the tarmac. As if tossing bags wasn't enough, adding the concrete at the bottom is like the icing on the cake.

These were not checked bags or oversized carry ons, they were normal carry ons that don't fit in the DH3- bags many people probably wouldn't assume would need to be gate checked! I had my phone off in my bag but had it been handy, I would have immediately captured this.

You'd think that after all the negative publicity AC got about the tossing bags recently that staff would be more careful, but what I saw today was worse than before and very disappointing.