FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Puerto Vallarta hotels
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:35 am
tatterdema

Programs: HH Silver
I have to agree with Carlos. Fiesta is not really reasonably close to the gay nightlife, and personally I would consider it "run down" compared to the others you mentioned. I think you will have to choose which you would rather have. A great, large pool, or close to nightlife. If you only go into town at night for a few hours, then spend the whole day at the resort, then one of the resorts in the hotel zone, or Marina would work. If you want to be in the thick of GAY, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, stay in the Southside and give up the lap swim idea.

I stayed in the hotel zone my first visit, and if I had to do it again, I would never go back. For me it was my worst nightmare come true, with children, college kids playing beer pong, exercise classes in the pools, fanny packs, time share sales, bad talent shows, ugh, everything I hate about vacation. The Southside is somewhere I would live.

Airbnb is just like everything else. Do your homework and you will be fine with it. I noticed you are traveling alone. Just keep in mind that you will not be able to take anyone you meet back to your room if you stay in a hotel or resort. You will if you stay in a condo booked on Airbnb or VRBO....

Last edited by tatterdema; Jun 13, 2014 at 2:47 am