FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone ever got BA/Amex to "untrigger" a 241 Voucher?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:03 am
Paralytic

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone ever got BA/Amex to "untrigger" a 241 Voucher?

I imagine that most of you with a BA Amex card manage your spend on it so as to trigger your companion voucher at the most appropriate time for you.

I've got a situation where my voucher has been triggered due to a company (I won't name them) mistakenly putting through a transaction (nearly £600) - the invoice had already been paid by our health insurance. The company in the process of putting a credit back on my card but the Amex site is already showing the 241 trigger notification and I expect the voucher will appear in my BA account within the next few days.

The company has offered to write a letter stating it was their error, which I plan to present to BA/Amex to see if they can untrigger the voucher, or at least extend its date to the time when it would otherwise be triggered.

Has anyone been through this sort of scenario before? Once I get the letter, who will it be best to speak to - BA or Amex?

Last edited by Paralytic; Jun 12, 2014 at 8:51 am