FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So long and thanks for all the fish!
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:24 pm
DPC1024

So long and thanks for all the fish!

This Friday is my last flight on Alaska Airlines after over 8-1/2 years of flying back and forth from SEA to ONT every other weekend and I'm soooo happy this is finally coming to an end.

My now wife and I have been doing an every-other-weekend long distance relationship between Seattle and SoCal. We recently married and she's finally got her daughter out of high school and both are moving to Seattle next week.

Although my wife and I have only managed to rack up about 250K miles each over the years, I honestly don't know how you business guys do this. The first year or so it was sort of romantic to be able to hop on a plane after work on a Friday and fly up/down the coast to go on what was only long enough to be considered a date, but after ever increasing hassles associated with travel and deteriorating benefits on AlaskaAir the bloom soon fell off the rose.

I have mostly just lurked here over the years but I wanted to pop in and say 'Thanks!' for all the tips that I've been able to pick up here in this forum that has made traveling on AS not only tolerable, but also more affordable. It's a valuable resource that I would never hesitate to recommend.

Safe travels, Flyertalkers.

Cheers,
Don