FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:33 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Sorry 777, there is no way the GH Club breakfast offering is better. It's basically fruit and 1 or 2 pastries with no hot items. They charge a $22 upgrade to eat in the Collins Kitchen, which yes, is very good.

As such, the PH Breakfast in Radii is by far superior. Even if they apply an $8 up charge it's still great value.

The options are: 1) A corporate hotel which is modern and pretty in the main areas, small noisy rooms with a dated bathroom or 2) A junior suite, possibly with a fireplace, crafted as understated elegance and two phenomenal club lounge hosts.

Clearly the latter is the Park Hyatt.
Sorry Mohamed its just my opinion and I respect yours as well and your personal likes
There is simply no correct answer for all guests and at some point simply objective.

Having said that they typically do an exceptional Continental club lounge breakfast I give the Grand Hyatt ^^^
I'd also add that the professional attitude, attention to detail and hospitable team at the Grand Hyatt ran rings around the inexperienced and amateur inattentive service at the Park Hyatt
on both mornings experienced.

As isolated as it may be at the Park Hyatt do I bring up the non replenished plates on the buffet for exceeding long periods two mornings in a row?
The number one reason I said hands down to ThreeA4Me as my recommendation is that they can be in and out in a timely manner
to explore the city without frustration at a great value on redemption 12k or cash and points

I know you are a huge fan of the Park Hyatt Melbourne I once was
Today I'm generally neutral on the property and aware one may do better at the PH if an above average room standard is the main objective.
Did the Park Hyatt stop their past practice of up charging Diamonds for breakfast hot foods? Just curious as their were past complaints. No one at the hotel advised either way
Cheers