FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:03 pm
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
Agh. That is not good.

Data Point on the workaround.

I wondered if the OV or VGC could be run as a CC and ran a test tonight. The answer is definitely "no." But I really paid attention to the process and I think I have an answer for those who have had trouble with the new color system.

I ran one OV with the workaround and it went just fine.

But-on the second card, I let it ride to signature: if you miss the "change payment" button on the screen the first time, it locks up the system completely. I did not see the message on my end but the cashier was confused because she kept getting a "unauthorized tender" message. We tried about 5 times to get back to the beginning and it would not go there, even when she tried to cancel the whole thing. On the extra attempts, I saw the change payment button appear but the software was locked to CC and that screen went by like lightening. If you blinked, you'd miss it. In other words, it was in a loop. Finally, the supervisor came over and had to override the entire transaction and cancel it with a a system override (her key). I just left them confused and said thanks, I'll be back tomorrow to add the funds.

For those who have had a lot of trouble getting the override to work (on the color screens), I think if you don't hit change tender as soon as it appears and you get the signature panel, you may be stuck. On the other hand, if you accidentally hit "cancel" instead of "change payment" (they appear on the same screen), no harm. You just need to start over but you aren't in that nasty loop.
You don't need to hit the soft cancel or change payment buttons on the screen. The hard buttons (red Cancel or yellow Change Payment) on the card reader should work as well.

Also I brain farted this morning when loading my Serve card when I didn't realize that the card reader was the color screen version instead of the black and green screen version since most of the WMs around me use the black and green screen so I was used to hitting Cancel. So when I swiped my OV and tried to hit Cancel it went to signature and the cashier told me it got denied. I told her that I hit the wrong button and I was able to swipe again and made sure to hit Change Payment this time. Didn't need to wait for a manager to do a system override to allow me to reslide my OV. Maybe the cashier you had was not trained to do that.