View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 14, 12:41 am
jackiedada

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Catusa View Post
Is there a divider between the suites than can open up? I am worried that I will not be able to see her especially during take-off, landing when I can't stand up. Same question for our second flt which is a 777-300ER.
Yes, the divider can be kept lowered for the entire duration of the flight, as soon as you get into your suite. The suites on the 380 and 777 are identical so same holds for both your flights. This image should give you a good idea.

Originally Posted by Catusa View Post
We are eligible for DXB connect but arrive at 1255 and dep 9 hrs later. Would you use the hotel or stay in the FCL. Without my daughter I would definitely stay in the lounge but with her I am thinking a few hours deep sleep in a locked hotel room would be more restful. I don't plan to sleep much on the flts but hope she will.
You should use Dubai connect. Note that 1:00 am can be a bit busy but I don't think it should take you more than 45 minutes to cross immigration. From there its just a short walk to the transfer desk who will assign you a car to take to your hotel. The hotel pick-up for your departing flight will be scheduled 2 hours prior to your departure time. Assuming that you are able to get out of immigration by 2:00 am and reach your hotel room by 2:30 am, you should still have at least 5.5 hours to spend in your room before your pickup at 8 am - good enough for you and your daughter to get some rest.

You'll also get a breakfast voucher and it may be a good idea to use it as I feel that the breakfast choices offered at the Le Meridien are much better than those at the F lounge. Can't say that about the Metropolitan Palace Hotel though.