FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost migration card
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:51 am
stockmanjr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by meFIRST
For what its worth, the young 20 something border officer who looks like he was born after the Yeltsin era at Domodeava airport forgot to collect my migration card a few times. I just handed the officer my passport and boarding pass. This was at the expedited lane in Domodeva airport, next to the BA lounge.

I use to go to Moscow once or twice a month, pre Crimea. I only realized that I did not surrender the migration card after I had left the Russian Federation. The officer spoke little to no English, yet managed to say " look at me " when checking my passport photo. [ "look at me", I wonder where the officer learnt that phase lol ] . Russian blog readers will understand why this is funny.

On subsequent entries into the Russian Federation, I was admitted with no problems, despite not handing in the card [ yes, I am a good boy ] and made it a point to surrender the migration card even if the officer forgot to ask, which is frequent. I think best be on the correct side of the rules. Forgetting to ask is probably due to language skills. To keep things simple and without misunderstandings, I speak English to the officers, even though I might understand their Russian.

Interpret this information however you wish, but Temedar's advice is correct. However I would go one step further to ask the assistance of the agentry / person that prepared the visa invitation for you, for assistance. That should be your primary point of contact to help you.
I talked to them their useless as they told me to lay low and hope I get out. I tried with my hostel today to help find the nearest UMFS and the girl simply told me she never heard of this problem and went back to being hung over. I'm staying at the Chillax hostel near Trubnaya.
Cheers
Hoiwe