FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam {NLD}
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:39 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by BotB
I'll update once I have heard back from them, however I do very much expect they would charge for the car transfer.
Taxis are very expensive in Amsterdam (and unless you have a LOT of luggage is by far the most over-priced alternative from the airport).

With that being said, there are quite a few mid-priced properties that have airport shuttles, and there is a shared airport shuttle. Most opt to take the train to Centraal (or South)+tram/bus/walk or the #197 airport bus.

If you are interested in a luxury car (which is my assumption, if you want the Waldorf to request a car), the most cost-effective (of the expensive) option is to use Uber and request a luxury car (instead of a black car). This should run 50€ to 60€; and I would imagine be far less than what the hotel might charge for a "luxury" car; but I might be mistaken. (My suggestion, would be to request Uber at baggage claim, and meet "across the street" at the Sheraton-Schiphol; IMO, this is by far the easiest meeting point for (requested) cars.)