FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK Inter-Terminal Connections (consolidated)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:25 am
mkbkk1

Programs: Marriott, HH, United, Delta, ANA
Originally Posted by Blumie
BTW -- and it may be too late to change your ticket -- but have you considered other ways to get to your destination, such as driving, train or an earlier connection? That's a pretty brutal schedule.
Hi! Thx for,the info. Yes-itinerary isn't the greatest. I have some travel limitations so...1) have to fly DL and 2) wanted e-comfort seats. All e-comfort seats out of NRT were completely full or single middle seats. Looked several days out. Only NRT-JFK. So I've decided to book itinerary but stay a night at JFK/Marriott Courtyard. Fly into IAD next day. Usually I would push through and get to our final destination ASAP but by the time we reach JFK we would've logged in 18+hrs so it'll be a good break. Estimating approx. 1.5 hrs between deplaning, customs/immig., baggage claim and getting to airport shuttle. I know it's more hassle probably to stay overnight and having to go thru airport security again the next day but oh well. I thought about driving, used to do the commute monthly so would be ok, but I'll probably be jet lagged and tired from flying solo with two active kids and don't want to risk falling asleep at the wheel. Also no earlier direct flights to IAD. Is it because ppl would take the train, at that time? Just wondering if anyone can offer thoughts about time it takes to deplane, etc. thx!

Last edited by mkbkk1; Jun 1, 2014 at 8:31 am