FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC
Old May 31, 2014, 12:42 pm
frugalgal1001

Originally Posted by rylan
Tried loading my Bluebird with Vanilla gift/debit card this evening at WM. Having the same problem... I tried at a register and at cust service/money center. When I swipe it blinks a screen for a fraction of a second showing the cancel and change payment buttons, then goes to the screen for a signature for another fraction of a second and then rejects it. This location is in MA and doesn't have a self serve kiosk that I can try manually, so have to go to a register. The terminals are only the 'color' type and not the b/w displays.

I'll have to go back tomorrow and try playing with the cancel button and see if I can get it to work. The two cashiers I worked with this evening had no idea what was going on and had me do multiple swipes to try to get it to work, but I didn't try hitting cancel then.
This was my experience in TX as well, except I was buying a money order. The store does have a kiosk and OVs work as usual except MOs are only allowed up to $500.