FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Negotiating a 3-month stay
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2014, 9:19 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I expect that your success will depend a lot on the specific property. Don't bother with Starwood, this is one for the individual GM of the property. Also, s/he may want some form of proof that you're actually going to do the stays/nights. So maybe you suggest a credit after the first 30 days followed by a reduced rate for the next 60? Just a thought. Of course there are many other ways to approach this.
I highly doubt any Hotel will wait a full month before charging anything, let alone wait 3 months. Id expect a weekly charge based on the agreed upon rate so if the hotel says OK for 3 months its $100 per night, Id expect the hotel to charge me $700 every week till the stay is over. If I leave before the 3 months end Id expect an upcharge unless it was in the contract that after x nights I can leave w/o any penalty. Yet I never checked out , no different then prepaying my CC before the statement closes

But I do agree fully that a person should deal with the Hotel itself and not *W or SPG for best results