FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Langham Chicago
Thread: Langham Chicago
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014, 8:53 am
sabieboy

Programs: DL, UA, AA
It blew us away. From the moment we arrived to time we left it was spectacular. Fantastic service, stunning public areas, great location (across the street from the Trump). I actually prefer the river location to Michigan Ave. - it's much quieter but still centrally located. We had a two-queen room on the concierge floor. Everything was new and sparkling, very, very clean. Room decor is muted and peaceful. Lovely bath - the tub is huge and the shower has a lot of jets making it a full-body experience. We heard no noise from the hall or neighbors.

The club floor was definitely worth the extra cost. The view east and south has to be one of the best anywhere. They serve almost-meals at breakfast, snacks and tea during the day, and appetizers late afternoon. Very high quality food. The butler that staffs the lounge was super helpful with recommendations and he answered a whole bunch of questions about the hotel and future Langham plans for the US. Extra touches really made our stay. We loved these little cinnamon muffins our first morning there - so there was a little bag of them for us to take when we checked out. We missed turndown the first night so we asked the housekeeper to be sure to leave some mints the second night. She came right back with three full-size Langham chocolate bars! We both had spa treatments - excellent - and wanted to try out some lip gloss but there was no tester - so the spa attendant gave each of us a tube.

The only thing we did not experience was F&B (because we are Chicago regulars and have favorites we always go to), so no comments on that part.

As I said in an earlier post, Chicago keeps upping the bar with top-tier luxury. The concierge pointed out the new Virgin hotel to us - the location alone is a step down from the Langham. Having stayed at all the luxe properties in Chicago (except for the FS RC) multiple times, I won't even consider the others from now on. I happen to like Asian-styled hotels, but if one is looking for a more traditional, clubby feel, it might not be the best choice. I'm having a hard time coming up with a city hotel anywhere in the US that matches the Langham experience.