Langham Chicago

Old Jul 18, 13, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Langham Chicago

I believe the hotel opened a week ago today. Has anyone stayed or sampled the restaurant/spa yet? If not I will try to make it over the weekend and post some general design/F&B impressions for anyone interested.
Old Apr 7, 14, 7:01 am

Any updates?

Need to book a stay in July for before the ChiMac race.
Old Apr 7, 14, 8:45 am

Programs: NW, UA, AA, DL
I'll be staying there in a club room over Easter weekend. Will report back afterwards! Chicago keeps topping itself in luxury hotels. I love it.
Old May 28, 14, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by sabieboy View Post
I'll be staying there in a club room over Easter weekend. Will report back afterwards! Chicago keeps topping itself in luxury hotels. I love it.
Anything to report?

Still need to get something squared away for July. Any other ideas appreciated. FS et al. are way to far from river for our purposes.
Old May 29, 14, 8:53 am

It blew us away. From the moment we arrived to time we left it was spectacular. Fantastic service, stunning public areas, great location (across the street from the Trump). I actually prefer the river location to Michigan Ave. - it's much quieter but still centrally located. We had a two-queen room on the concierge floor. Everything was new and sparkling, very, very clean. Room decor is muted and peaceful. Lovely bath - the tub is huge and the shower has a lot of jets making it a full-body experience. We heard no noise from the hall or neighbors.

The club floor was definitely worth the extra cost. The view east and south has to be one of the best anywhere. They serve almost-meals at breakfast, snacks and tea during the day, and appetizers late afternoon. Very high quality food. The butler that staffs the lounge was super helpful with recommendations and he answered a whole bunch of questions about the hotel and future Langham plans for the US. Extra touches really made our stay. We loved these little cinnamon muffins our first morning there - so there was a little bag of them for us to take when we checked out. We missed turndown the first night so we asked the housekeeper to be sure to leave some mints the second night. She came right back with three full-size Langham chocolate bars! We both had spa treatments - excellent - and wanted to try out some lip gloss but there was no tester - so the spa attendant gave each of us a tube.

The only thing we did not experience was F&B (because we are Chicago regulars and have favorites we always go to), so no comments on that part.

As I said in an earlier post, Chicago keeps upping the bar with top-tier luxury. The concierge pointed out the new Virgin hotel to us - the location alone is a step down from the Langham. Having stayed at all the luxe properties in Chicago (except for the FS RC) multiple times, I won't even consider the others from now on. I happen to like Asian-styled hotels, but if one is looking for a more traditional, clubby feel, it might not be the best choice. I'm having a hard time coming up with a city hotel anywhere in the US that matches the Langham experience.
Old May 29, 14, 12:20 pm

It

The club floor was definitely worth the extra cost.
Do you know if reservation for the Club Floor charges for each person in the room. For example, if there are 2 adults and one child, do I have to pay extra for one adult and the Child?

Thanks
Old May 29, 14, 12:58 pm

Yes, it was per person for two adults. I don't know how the pricing works with children, but there were a number of them with their families.
Old May 29, 14, 2:40 pm

Programs: Fairmont Plat, 1865 Voyager, SPG Gold, AE, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
The butler that staffs the lounge ... answered a whole bunch of questions about ... future Langham plans for the US.
And?
Old May 29, 14, 5:15 pm

IIRC...

San Francisco
Washington DC
maybe a second in NYC?

Also a refurb in Pasadena, can't remember what he said about Boston and NYC

He said there are plans for a large expansion in North America, so there must be others. The question I have is whether or not they will be able to completely gut an existing building like the IBM structure in Chicago (there is marble from the original IBM building in each of the guest rooms ) or build from scratch or if they will have to work with what is already there. Apparently the new Virgin Chicago is in the latter category.
Old May 30, 14, 12:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont Plat, 1865 Voyager, SPG Gold, AE, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Thanks
Old May 30, 14, 9:38 pm

Echo the positive comments. I won't stay anywhere else in Chicago. I was injured and without asking, took me to dinner in the hotel Jag. Definitely book a club floor. Spa and pool are excellent. The only regret is they aren't FHR or virtuoso.
Old Aug 16, 15, 10:37 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, AMEX Plat, UA, AA
Staying at this property next month for the first time. Wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences?
Old Aug 16, 15, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy View Post
Echo the positive comments. I won't stay anywhere else in Chicago. I was injured and without asking, took me to dinner in the hotel Jag. Definitely book a club floor. Spa and pool are excellent. The only regret is they aren't FHR or virtuoso.
True, but Langham does have their own - albeit small - preferred partner program.
Old Aug 17, 15, 9:39 am

I stayed there for one night (had a meeting at the hotel) a few months ago.

The room was really nice, you can tell it is new. Plenty of space, the bathroom was really nice. There was a weird frosted glass window between the bedroom and bathroom, which was fine since I was there by myself. I think some of the light would bleed through if you went to the restroom in the middle of the night - might disturb someone else sleeping? The spa was gorgeous (didn't get treatment, but used the facilities), although the locker room felt cold (both temp and style).

I didn't experience the service (I was in and out pretty quickly, and in meetings most of the time). Room service breakfast was decent, although it took a while for it to arrive.

H
Old Aug 17, 15, 10:23 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by pricesquire View Post
True, but Langham does have their own - albeit small - preferred partner program.
PHLbuddy post that you replied to was from May 2014, The Langham is now part of Virtuoso. Don't know (or care!) about FHR.

Search this Thread