FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre WN fares
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2014, 5:31 pm
texashoser

Originally Posted by flyerfmaz

Their WGA fares are almost always just fine. $400 - $600 for a round-trip ticket is easily absorbed into most business project budgets. However, WN seems to be shutting down access to WGA fares earlier and raising the prices on the higher tiers of fares. It has the appearance of being a squeeze on business travelers. They've jacked up the price of the "Anytime" fare so much that most are now more than double the price of WGA fares and maybe only 10 - 20 dollars cheaper than the BS fare. There's very little graduation upwards -- once they shut down the WGA fare it's all monumentally expensive.
Since my wife and I mainly fly Anytime fares (reimbursed through employer), I looked back a year and found that the AT fares back then weren't any cheaper for the routes we fly. I think you're probably correct that this year WGA fares are more expensive and selling out faster, but I don't think you can make the claim that AT fares are jacked up.

Moreover, have you actually compared the price of fully refundable fares on legacies to Southwest? I think you'll find that WN's AT refundable fares are quite competitive to those of legacies as many others have reported here.