FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre WN fares
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2014, 4:02 pm
flyerfmaz

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hazelrah
This seems to me to be a rather silly thread. The carping without substance gets old.

Still no assigned seating, still low fares, still no bag fees, still good employees, still 737s, and still throngs at BWI lining up with an insatiable appetite for Southwest. Not much has changed.
Silly thread? Carping without substance? One of my entire itineraries was just canceled and I was rerouted to another carrier by my employer because Southwest was deemed much too expensive. And this isn't the first time it's come up at the office -- but it is the first time that action was taken.

I don't think it's silly to point out that, from a frequent business flyer's perspective, WN is starting to price themselves out of the market for people like me.

Their WGA fares are almost always just fine. $400 - $600 for a round-trip ticket is easily absorbed into most business project budgets. However, WN seems to be shutting down access to WGA fares earlier and raising the prices on the higher tiers of fares. It has the appearance of being a squeeze on business travelers. They've jacked up the price of the "Anytime" fare so much that most are now more than double the price of WGA fares and maybe only 10 - 20 dollars cheaper than the BS fare. There's very little graduation upwards -- once they shut down the WGA fare it's all monumentally expensive.

Last edited by flyerfmaz; May 28, 2014 at 4:12 pm