FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old May 21, 2014, 2:35 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
ANA InterContinental Tokyo

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay,
Yes, very much so. It was really a fabulous stay because of Tokyo but also great experience at ANA Tokyo

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked club cheapest advance rate + Points and was upgraded to Premier room on high floor. Club lounge was offered (after discussion) with 50% discount (ie 6,000 ¥)

Video of the Premier Room

How are the rooms?
Around 30sqm
Elegantly decorated in warm classic contemporary design. Very smart optimization of the space
Sofa. Desk
Very comfortable bed
Large flat television set with basic selection of international channels
JCB iPhone dock
Coffee machine, kettle.

Bathroom with bathtub and separate toilets/walk-in shower.
Famous Toto toilets
L'Occitane amenities

View over the outdoor pool and Roppongi district
Fast wifi.
Very efficient heating system.
Newspaper delivered daily
Very quiet

How is the exec. lounge?
Simply superb for staff, interior design and food offer

Dining area
Lounge area

Excellent breakfast with large choice of products
Afternoon tea with very good French Pastries
Very good evening cold/warm dishes

Superb view over Tokyo
Pretty quiet

What was good and what was bad?

Good
  • Exceptional service from every member of staff (and more particularly Instant Service, Club Lounge, Concierge team)
  • I wanted to visit an architect house (63.02 degrees house) but I could not find its exact location (not listed on google). The assistant to Guest Relations manager made a call to the architecture agency, which declined to give some details as the property is a private one. Still, in the evening, I received an email from the assistant to the Guest Relations manager who had screened on Google Earth all the district... And finally found the house!^^ Definitely very impressed and touched by was certainly one of my nicest experiences at any hotel.
  • Very convenient location, just opposite underground station on Ginza Line
  • Excellent club lounge
  • Superb menu dégustation at Pierre Gagnaire restaurant (what a pleasure to be received in French by the maitre d'hôtel and the chef)
  • Convenient airport limousine to/from NRT airport
  • Bikes can be rented and delivered at concierge desk for 1,000 ¥ a day (definitely the best way to discover the superb city of Tokyo)

Bad
Nothing, except the bad earthquake I experienced the first night

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes.
One of my very best hotel stay I ever had.^^