FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA
Old May 18, 2014, 4:50 pm
RMAnalystATL

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by cfischer
thanks for that. I have seen plenty of misbahving nonrevs over the years and would not hesitate to complain to Delta in such cases.
Still remember the one red-eye from LAS where nonrevs were making a scene and I asked them to knock it off ... which they didn't appreciate and actually had to audacity to complain to the FA (they were clearly intoxidated). Thankfully the FA told them to a) shut up and b) take their seats or else she would send them back to coach and report them
I'm sure that there are some non-revs that misbehave but quite honestly in all the flying I do, I haven't really seen it. It always surprises me that on this board everyone seems to have the initial reaction if someone was misbehaving up front or didn't look like they belong that they must be a non-rev.

As I always tell new employees, flying standby is a privilege and not a right. If any non-rev is misbehaving or creating a "party" atmosphere on board, people should report that to the FA. I guarantee it stops after that and the FA may even write the employee up which could lead to pass privileges being suspended or revoked. Every non-rev should understand that we get the last of everything (seats, meal choice, priority, etc) and DL agents/FAs are primarily there to assist revenue passengers.