FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Safari ex Nairobi / NBO (short-long, etc.)
Old May 18, 2014, 1:54 pm
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
When you guys say that hotels offer storage for luggage, you're referring to hotels in Nairobi (or other main airport city)? So you fly in, stay a night, and they'll hold your luggage for 3-7 days while you're on safari so that you can pick it up on the way back?

I haven't planned out the details, but it looks like I'm going to do a 5-6 day road safari. I fly into NBO on 7/24 in the VERY early morning and will probably be jet-lagged. I fly out of CPT on 8/5 in the early evening. I want to spend most of my time in East Africa on safari or similar, and only a few days in Cape Town, where I really have one goal, and that's to see white sharks. I figure I'll rest all of 7/24, and start safari on 7/25 for 5-7 days, returning to Nairobi on 7/29-7/31, and fly to Cape Town on 8/1-8/2 (haven't set up this flight yet). I think 3 days should be enough for white shark cage diving, but I want a few back-up days in case weather isn't great on any particular day, especially since this will be their winter.
Me and my friend are landing on 7/25 and heading to basecamp masai mara for 3 nights and then eagle point for a night before heading to Zanzibar for 2 nights. Who did you book your safari with?

Maybe we will cross paths.