FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA
Old May 17, 2014, 9:42 am
mother-

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by pferrandi
Wife flew a 26J version SEA-JFK last Tuesday. No free upgrade and I guess not too many people motivated to pay for regular DL First class. It was the 1PM and really empty.
Can't say I blame them, but the 75X (26J) planes are far better for a TCON flight than the likes of DL610 as they have AVOD and seat power.

On Sunday/Thursday they can still get away with abusing their customers so but even on Friday/Monday, as I experiences,the 16J cabin would have been nowhere near filled with paying pax. (You know if they had actually delivered the product they sold their customers...)

I can only imagine what Tu/W/Sat flights are like!

The good news is that for non Su/X flights, mileage/cert upgrades should remain easy on the SEA route- if only it was was worth paying the difference between the low fare classes they can collect on those flights and K to use miles... You're honestly better off buying 2 cheap Y fares than paying that for the likes of DL610. The pisser is that on most days it would be cheaper!

Originally Posted by lunen
An update - I am now checked in for the flight, my upgrade request has been transferred to the upgrade wait list, and there are still 10 out of 16 seats still available according to the seat map. If I don't get upgraded after paying for an M fare and spending 12,500, this will be my last flight on Delta.
I doubt you need worry about not getting upgraded unless a whole heck of a lot of inbound TPAC flights take big delays and miss connections today. Considering that they want $4008 for paid F or J on your dates, I doubt too many people will come purchase tickets.

The big question is will they leave a "757-200" on your outbound, or will you board to find something lesser! Good luck.

Last edited by mother-; May 17, 2014 at 9:52 am