FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official “I Got Upgraded” Thread: JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA
Old May 15, 2014, 11:58 am
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by rylan
A good retort would be to write back and ask where the significant investment and premium experience are on an old beat up 757 where you don't even get any of the enhanced amenities or service, but the standard F pillow and meal.
Originally Posted by jrl767
I'm not going to poke them in the eye just yet, since my flight isn't until next week

right now the seat map shows there are three middle seats in EC remaining, and only two of 26 F seats are greyed out

maybe someone will exercise a whit of common customer service sense some time in the next 10 days ... but I'm not holding my breath
so I did OLCI a couple hours ago and discovered that they have swapped in a 24F jet ... I'm still in 21A, but this is now at the 2L door which means my laptop bag has to go in the overhead bin ... grrrrrrrrr

the (admittedly unauthoritative) seat map still shows three unclaimed coach seats (two exit row middles, and one aisle about halfway back), and we're up to six greyed out in F

GM, U fare ... I'm still not holding my breath ...

for those buying JFK-SEA tomorrow, all four flights (two with 16J, this one with 24F, and one with 26F) are being sold in C ... I checked connections from DCA/BWI/PHL/BOS/RIC and found significantly higher fares for the J birds (which is as it should be, but is actually not a consistent occurrence)