FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - connecting at ANC
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2014, 3:08 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by LuckyDenver
No offense, but I kind of reject this. The op is saying they had sufficient time for the connection at the time of booking and as such, took advantage of what was probably a really efficient schedule. I value my time enough to take that itinerary over the one suggested above all day long. 47 minutes is plenty enough time for the connection in ANC. Whether the Nome flight is on time...that's another thing.
When you book 2 different PNRs especially on different airlines its a real dice roll and one should be prepared for the bad side of it. The further ahead you book the more likely you are to have conflicting schedule changes and there is still always the day of flight delays and cancelations. I avoid it when possible and dont do it a lot but if I do I leave at least a 4 hour window and only do it when its weeks before departure and I do NOT check a bag. Its never bitten me before but I did make an AE flight at ORD once with about 2 minutes to spare....the door slammed shut behind me as I walked down the jetway. Had I not made that flight Im sure AA wouldve rebooked me on the next flight to MKE....... for full fare Y for about $700 to fly 7 minutes. As for the OP 9/1 is quite a ways off and AS will probably change it again in the meantime pehaps back in the OPs favor or not. Seems like AS changes schedules every quarter so things will probably shift around again in June. Other than that the OP may want to consider leaving OME a day early and spend a night in ANC. You can change for free up until 60 days before flight with AS. its even possible that the air canada flight will change also although I find international flights to be more stable on times than domestic routes

Last edited by ANC; May 14, 2014 at 3:22 pm