FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - connecting at ANC
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2014, 2:05 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by bnw2005
Appreciate the comments and suggestions. My expert flyer search does not show and flight that departs in AM from Nome that would get me to ANC earlier than the non stop that departs at 12;45 and arrives at 2:08.
My current thinking is to send a bag home with my grandson who is traveling with me and goes to CA from ANC on a flight much later in afternoon and pack a carryon that will do me ok in Vancouver. Not the ideal approach but think it is doable. That plus a small back pack for computer and camera should work.
It helps to know the distance and time to go from Alaska gate to the Air Canada gate should be close and quick. Understand that if flight from Nome is delayed by much I am in a world of hurt.
Ah it used to be AS ran a triangle flight in the early morning ANC-OTZ-OME-ANC. It seems that OME was dropped as there is an earlier flight to ANC ex-OTZ.