FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Khors of Oman- via Japan, Poland & the UAE. RTW in Biz (NH787,OZ,TG,EY,TK,LH)
Old May 9, 2014, 10:04 am
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Air Canada Transborder Maple Leaf Lounge
Vancouver International Airport.

After a gross 4:30 AM wake up, we opted for the always-pleasant Aerocar to the Vancouver Airport. Our driver picked us up in a spacious Lincoln Towncar, dropping us off at the Vancouver International Transborder Departure within 30 minutes from the house. The blurriness of this first photo is representative of my eyesight and alertness at this hour:

We checked in at the lonely Air Canada podiums, dropped the bags and headed to the deserted Air Canada Maple Leaf Transborder Lounge. I could barely keep up with MrsWT73- now powering through the USA Pre-Clearance area past all the grandpa & grandma kettles and the slow walking families spread out six wide across the concourse. As some of you may know, I used to be on the Air Canada Jazz circuit as an HR Recruiter. With a change in job assignments, came a change in travel habits. MrsWT73 is earning more status miles than me these days on the consulting circuit with frequent trans-border and international trips while I stay at home and have the fortune (or mis-fortune) of tending to her fat cat.

The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Transborder is shortly after US Pre-Clearance Customs. It remains my favorite lounge to visit in Vancouver as it’s quite spacious, has bright airy windows and has a decent drink selection. Access was granted today by MrsWT73’s Aeroplan Star Gold card as our flight out of Vancouver today was on a single class of service economy cabin ticket. I've never seen the lounge so empty.

A small selection of food out for breakfast today, with hardly anyone around in the lounge to enjoy it.