FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bad luck with priority boarding lately
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2014, 7:44 pm
jcamp028

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
bad luck with priority boarding lately

I hate when infrequent fliers don't understand any of the rules.

On a recent flight my wife and I (both star gold) got to the gate a little bit later than usual. A large queue had already formed and people were slowly boarding. Naturally by this point the majority of those boarding priority had already went through and were on the plane.

However, seeing as how AC always makes it a point to say that priority passengers are free to use the priority lane "at their leisure," we went ahead and skipped the line. My wife and I arrived just as it seemed the gate agent was about to call forth a woman and her husband in the regular economy lane; however seeing us line up, the gate agent decided to process us first.

All of a sudden we got a scowl and attitude from the woman lined up in the regular lane, and she proceeded to ask my wife and I if "we thought we owned the place," making a bit of a scene. It was awkward as the gate agent chose not to say anything (despite it being an AC program/rule they've set up for certain passengers), so I just gave her a look and proceeded. Funny enough this also happened on another recent occasion...

Anyone else have any similar experiences? I feel like the general populous who fly once in a while just don't understand that the airlines choose to provide FF'ers with additional perks...and when you try to use those perks, they take it as if you're personally being rude. Trust me, we are both very modest and are far from the DYKWIA type.