FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2014, 11:44 am
gakke

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by mdtraveller1981
Hi all -- first time posting in this forum. I recently purchased tickets for our first flight on SAS -- IAD - CPH in August. Our flight out I bought business class since it is overnight and want to maximize sleep, but the flight back I went with SASPlus ( I'm 6'4, so need the extra legroom at a minimum). The flight back is of course mid-afternoon. I just saw that optiontown upgrades for the flight home from plus to business class are currently going for about $225(would be $450 total for me and my wife), which to be honest for me is right on the border, so I thought I'd seek the wisdom of this group. So, what do you think, is it worth it for the 8+ hour afternoon flight, or SAS Plus is comfy enough if you aren't trying to sleep? I realize of course that this may all be moot as it's entirely possible we wouldn't get upgraded anyway through optiontown.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! Looking forward to trying out the SAS product for the first time.
Hi mdtraveller1981!

Welcome to flyertalk!

I agree with jfidler, it depends, but then again I'm height challenged. I sit a lot better in the plus seats, and am completely satisfied with them. The small foot rest and wider seat seems to fit just right. I have seen others your size in plus, and while they do not seam cramped, they could use more legs space. I would think that it would be adequate for you, but you'd be more comfortable in business. Food is better, and they have an espresso machine on the 343!