FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new mileage program
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2014, 7:06 am
ebjers

Looking for a new mileage program

I have been a member of United Millage Plus for the past 6 years with 1K status for the past 5 years (I lost it this year by about 20K miles) and I am currently premier gold.

As I moved out of the US to South Africa last year I am able to meet millage levels for status (have 51K now) but I am not able to meet United's new PQD (money spent) levels as most of my flights are on South Africa, Lufthansa, Singapore, or Thai and not United.

I am moving again, this time to the Philippines, and am finally ready to get of the United millage plus program since I do not think I will ever be able to meet their new PQD requirement (way to go United, alienate more customers) meaning I will never have status with them. It seems most of my flights out of Philippines would be on Singapore through Singapore so I was thinking of moving to Kris Flyer but have herd their benefits are not that great. Other option would be Thai Airways.

My questions are;
1) Which would be better Singapore or Thai?
2) Will either accept my current United Status for the rest of the year and give me equivalent status?
3) Will either recognize my current 51K miles with United and give me a jump start on earning status?

I expect I should travel at least another 50K by the end of the year and should have no problem spending another 15 - 20K USD on tickets.

Thanks for the advice